- 28 years of nursing experience lends itself to an extensive source of expert witnesses. We will submit the names of at least three expert witnesses with their CV’s and/or credentials for your review. Communication with the experts will be left to you for your approval.
Certified Legal Nurse Consultant or Paralegal?
Los Angeles Legal Nurse Consultants and nurse-paralegals are two completely different entities. An LNC can provide her clients with specialized knowledge of medicine, nursing and the intricate inner workings of the healthcare system. Years of nursing experiences coupled with regular legal-medical educational advancement far surpass that of the high-school diploma of a legal/medical assistant.
“The primary role of the legal nurse consultant is to evaluate, analyze, and render informed opinions on the delivery of health care and the resulting outcomes. For nearly 20 years, legal nurse consultants have acted as collaborators and strategists, offering support in medically related litigation and other medical-legal matters in the following areas: personal injury, product liability, medical malpractice, toxic torts, workers’ compensation, risk management and medical licensure investigation. Distinct from a paralegal or legal assistant, the legal nurse consultant is a unique and valuable member of the litigation team. Legal nurse consultants bring specialized education and clinical expertise to the medically related issues of the litigation process. The practice of legal nurse consulting is performed in collaboration with attorneys and others involved in the legal process. The independent practice of law does not fall within the legal nurse consultant’s scope of practice.”
American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- Summarize, translate, and interpret medical records.
- Identify standards of care, causation and damages in medical malpractice cases.
- Screen or investigate medical malpractice cases for merit.
- Assist with interrogatories.
- Assess medically-related damages in personal injury cases or product liability cases.
- Research literature regarding medical issues.
- Identify tampering or missing medical record documents.
- Prepare written summaries and reports of medical records, research findings and expert witness information.
- Identify and obtain appropriate medical experts.
- Assist in the preparation of demonstrative evidence and exhibits.
- Serve as a liaison between the attorney and the healthcare providers, testifying experts, witnesses and service providers.
- Special services for Health Care Clients and Insurance companies.